Posted on February 23 2018
Dearest Juice Enthusiasts,
I am documenting my first attempt at a 2 day homemade juice cleanse and i’m learning along the way, this is my personal journey
First of all, why should you do a juice cleanse? Here are 9 symptoms you need to go on a cleanse:
- Low energy and fatigued
- Unable to focus
- Feeling depressed
- Trouble sleeping
- Skin Issues
…Also, what are toxins?
“You are constantly exposed to toxins, which is worse if you live near heavy pollution, pesticide spraying, eat poor quality food, drink unfiltered water, or live in a moldy house. Your body also produces toxic trash metabolites that must be cleared, which is worse if you have digestive problems, sinus problems, are under high stress, are fighting a bug, are recovering from surgery or an accident, do not sleep enough, or physically wear yourself out (including exercise). In other words, every day there is a certain amount of housecleaning you must do depending on a number of different variables”1
When you eliminate toxins from your system, your entire body feels better and reacts both internally and externally.
Simply put, a detox is a process in which a person makes lifestyle changes to clear their body of toxins.
In a detox there are three main organs that you should focus on:
- The liver– this acts like a filter in preventing toxins in food from passing into the bloodstream.
- The colon– you want to keep your colon flowing because its main role is to flush toxic chemicals out
- The kidneys– these filter your blood and get rid of toxins through urinating.
The first line of defence against toxins is the liver, so therefore I will work to detox it on day one! Foods that are great for detoxing the liver are beets, carrots, apples, lemons, limes and kale, just to name a few.
Carrot, apple, lemon and ginger juice
6 medium carrots
1 inch ginger
(11:00 AM) Detoxifying green tea and water
Beet, cucumber, pear, lemon and ginger juice
Beet juice is a powerful cleanser of the blood, and highly nutritious. It’s full of folate, manganese potassium, iron and Vitamin C.
1 inch ginger
Spotlight on beetroot: 10 major benefits
- Can slow down dementia because beetroot improves oxygenation to the brain
- Great for lowering your blood pressure and is very healthy for your heart
- Increases blood flow, which has actually proven to increase stamina
- Helps diabetes by lowering glucose levels
- Contains the antioxidant betalain, which helps detox your body and has anti-cancer properties. It is best to drink this immediately to reap all of the benefits, some of the benefits such as betalain can be lost during cooking.
- Full of fiber, aids digestion and even lowers cholesterol
- Improves your vision
- Full of Vitamin A, C, E and K
- Beets contain Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
6 kale leaves
3 handfuls spinach
4 celery stalks
knuckle of ginger
(7:00 PM) Ginger and chamomile tea
- My Personal Symptoms and Insights:
- In the morning I had lots of energy and no cravings for food yet
- In the afternoon I had bad hunger pains
- Frequent urinating
- No headache!
- I went to bed dreaming about food
..tune in tomorrow for day 2!
This is courtesy of our friends at www.juicepulse.com or you may follow @juicepulse.